Thursday 29 September 2016

NXT'S "DEATH WOMEN WALKING" EPISODE


Oh, no! This is not a sarcastic overview of yesterdays NXT episode. The theme is related to our previous article about the "Death wishes"...

Actually these days NXT produce a short but full of content women's matches. I want to notice that I personally respect the RAW and SmackDown Live women's divisions, aside from the fact that I didn't make a reviews of the shows. They are just in a progress of old storylines and I don't find the reason to talk about what is happening, because it's obvious. 

I prefer to set my sight on the next generation of talents. I love to see old-new faces, I love to see "rookies" taking chances on a high level competitors, because this is how you become better and this is how you learn. When you defeat the people in your own league(like Liv did, by defeated Aliyah) you are starting to search for some bigger challenge. You may ask: But what about Mandy Rose and Ember Moon? Well, Ember is a newcomer for NXT, like Mandy, despite the fact that Moon had a way much more wrestling experience than Rose. But it's nice to see the bigger players playing with the green ones.

Mandy vs. Ember was more dynamic and far more better match as both women were just in their top shape and did many good things. I can honestly send my admiration to Mandy Rose (and the trainers in WWE PC)  about her counter of the Ember's headscissors. That was a good moment. Mandy will make a good selfish, narcissistic character on her own and is capable of more.

Ember! Oh, Ember! We have been waiting for you for so long (as we are still waiting for Leva, Santana, Deonna, Tessa, Ivelisse and Taeler). She's perfect! She's the potential next NXT Women's Champion (if NXT's creative team don't decide to push Billie or someone else). Ember deserves it despite the fact that she is on NXT TV  from almost two months. 

What about Asuka and Liv!

Actually I enjoyed the short after-match angle with Liv Morgan, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. It's nice to see Peyton, again. NXT really needs to pack these two Australian talents in a tag team. It was like a blink of an eye, but was promising for future rivalries for Morgan. It was funny how Liv tried to go after Kay and Royce. That girl got the fire and desire.

Back on the match! It was almost 4-5 minutes. It ended in a predicted way. I think that they decided to make it that short, because they knew that fans expectations about it wasn't that high. Actually I wanted to see more offense by Liv and I believe that she was capable of it. But the match sight was set on Asuka and her undefeated image.

It was short but nice.

So this week we saw two "death wishes" fulfilled.  Now I am really into NXT's women division and I want to see more of it in a form of matches, rivalries and new additions.

PHOTOS by WWE NXT.

AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger