Saturday 7 October 2017

WWE WEEKLY OVERVIEW: RAW - DQ WIN AND EMMA'S DILEMMAS. SDL- BOW DOWN TO THE DARK QUEEN OF HARTS. NXT - PIRATE PRINCESS AND CRAZY RIOTING WOMEN.


Another interesting week in WWE. Of course I had to watch the videos yesterday and I got overdosed, but I think this week was really strong for RAW and NXT, when SDL kept the standard, for high quality technical match between 4 top women.

At the dawn of Hell in a Cell PPV and TLC's Asuka debut, Paige's return - rumored to be as a part of SmackDown's roster, plus NXT's Women's Title Fatal-4-Way on the horizon, WWE's women's divisions are on a roll... they have a huge peak! I hope that they won't stop to surprise us.

MICKIE JAMES VS. NIA JAX
... WHO EARNED A TITLE SHOT?

First I am kind of tired of this Alexa Bliss - Nia Jax back-and-forward relationships. I don't know about you! Now they are frenemies and everything is back to the old days... Mmm, nah! It's kind of curious for me, but I think that the bookers, have something in mind. For me it's kind of annoying!

I still think that nostalgia that Mickie brings to the old days can be capitalized with returning of some of her greatest rivals from those days - like Victoria or specifically Melina. They can start as rivals and later to become team like The Veterans or The Legendary and if WWE decide to make a women's tag team titles, meanwhile expanding the women's roster with NXT and Mae Young Classic competitors (Mia Yim, Piper Niven, Toni Storm, Candice LeRae, Mercedes Martinez, etc.), that will be great chance for Mickie and old friend to earn more fame.

Nia Jax - we love destructive and ruthless Nia! She's a toll, that many women can't overcome with an ease. She is perfect in smashing and mocking her opponents, but she need to return to her 'lone wolf' days. Just smash that Bliss, girl and take your own path of Greatness!

The match: Really nice work. From Bliss' appearance, to Jax dominance and Mickie's moments. We had a lot of surviving the Jax. Nia was ruthless as always. But I enjoyed the moment when Mickie started to use her kicks for advantage and that diving DDT - it was amazing and almost gave her the win... almost, because here Alexa Bliss entered the ring to stop the referee's count! ... At the end James received some payback, by beating the champ. 

Long before the night was over, Mickie learnt that she will face the Goddess in a title match at the forthcoming TLC PPV! Could we see Mickie James as 7-times title holder? We will think on this soon!


 SASHA BANKS & BAYLEY VS. EMMA & ALICIA FOX
... THE NIGHT OF BETRAYAL!

This tag team match was really nice TV return for Alicia Fox with bad ending. The veteran was betrayed. I respect Foxy. I think that she survived that long in WWE, because she is a hared worker. She is someone who deserve a lot of respect for her devotion to WWE and it's women's division. Alicia is also a nice memory of good old days when women like Beth Phoenix, Lay-Cool, Melina and Eve Torres walked the ring. She even was the first to challenge/attack Kharma/Awesome Kong! I think that out there are people (like me) who remember this facts!

Sasha and Bayley - it's hard to distinct them these days. When I hear 'Bayley', these day I can't imagine her without Sasha Banks. They work really well as a team. They look really great as a friends ... or enemies. I think that Asuka's coming will unite them, even more... or may divide them! But this week's Monday they work really good as always. Banks did good job as a dummy for kicks and punches from Alicia and Emma. That was the highly dramatic element of the match!  

Emma! This woman can't stop to amaze me! I love the way she left the match! 'Do you think that I'm stupid?!' 'I'm out!'... Emma actually finished the match with her retreat and leaving Fox, alone. I am totally excited about the amazing Aussie's new turn. She built a really good heel persona and her character evolve more and more. I am totally agree with the commentator's prediction that she may win a title in the future. With good booking that is possible! And I really wish to see that!


CHARLOTTE FLAIR & BECKY LYNCH VS. SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPION NATALYA & MISS MONEY IN THE BANK CARMELLA
... BEWARE OF THE SUITCASE!

When you have a champion and a Miss Money in the Bank who can cash-in at any point you definitely  had tension. 

But these week we had and the official Number 1 contender - Charlotte and the inaugural SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch! 
I will not separate the competitors in a different paragraphs and analyse them. These are 4 amazing talents involved in a great tag team match, with as I said a lot of tension. The four women put a really good show. I am so proud with Carmella who's career I follow since her debut in NXT. That woman, is a pure example for improvement! She was great in NXT, now she is simply amazing. Really good technical, high quality match!

The match was a good preview for this Sunday's Hell in a Cell PPV. Natalya's win may mean that the Dark Queen of Harts may retain her title, but we will talk about this later!


BILLIE KAY & PEYTON ROYCE VS. RUBY RIOT & (NIKKI CROSS)
... WHAT A UNHOLY ALLIANCE!

For another edition on NXT TV, Ruby Riot entered the ring alone just to end the match with the most surprising partner of them all! The inked rebel, had a lot of troubles to find partner so the appearence of her first NXT rival was kind of shocking and ... enjoying!

The match was typical Iconic Duo's mind games, tricks and hits. Peyton and Billie evolve since their beginning and they are undoubtedly Iconic!  They are really great tag team force, that everyone respect and fear. Women's tag team gold will be a good fit for them!

Nikki Cross!

I remember her first match against Danielle Kamela/Vanessa Borne. She was just starting to build that crazy gimmick and it was kind of overplayed. Today, Nikki's crazy character is far better then back there. She mastered her artistic, gimmick skills. About her wrestling skills - I think she is classic  style wrestler with a lot more to show.

At the end Ruby won, while her unexpectedly-expected ally laugh and point at her maniacally.

There is mystery in this storyline. I love it and I can't wait to see where this relationship will end. Until that time comes, we are on the top of our nails, waiting to see if any of these four women will joining Kairi Sane at NXT TakeOver:WarGames!

KAIRI SANE VS. ALIYAH
... SPEAKING ABOUT KAIRI!

I want to give some credit to Aliyah! That young woman, she stood strong against Kairi Sane, her moves were perfectly executed. I respect this young lady! I hope that WWE will give her and Liv Morgan, plus Mandy Rose, Vanessa Borne, etc.
Kairi Sane was unstoppable! From the moment she stepped into the ring it was clear that she will won the both (I knew before it was broadcast 😝). She had her spots and the usual stunning ending with amazing Diving Elbow!
I think that all sights are set on the forth coming Fatal-4-Way match, involving Sane, at NXT TakeOver:War Games, for the NXT Women's title, the night before Survivor Series. We had the first match determined Qualifying match between Liv Morgan, Nikki Cross and Peyton Royce. One of them will be lucky enough to join Kairi Sane in the live changing Fatal-4-Way Title match.

AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger