Monday 18 February 2019

George's Predictions: Women's Elimination Chamber


I don't think I could ever have imagined this kind of match for the Women. How far have we come, and how exciting is this match going to be? VERY. Let's face it, they would have been hard at work to create this match and ensure we are told a great story. As for the winners? I'm excited to see any of these teams take the belts, but I have my pick on who I'd like to win these inaugural belts. Yep, I know, we've had Women Tag Team Championship before, but I'm going with the WWE narrative for now. 


Four of the twelve women present here have had experience in the Elimination Chamber as Sasha Banks, Bayley, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville all took part in the first Women's Elimination Chamber match, ultimately won by the Goddess, Alexa Bliss. Have to admit, it's a surprise that she's not here, but lets not dwell on that ... for now.

Noami and Carmella are surprise entrants for me in this match, as I don't remember them tagging before. It was interesting that on RAW we had matches for entry into the match itself, whereas SmackDown's roster just got their spots, as if they had nothing better to do. Anyway, I digress and mainly because I don't see them getting the belts. They will perform some great spots, but I don't see them winning at all.

The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan) These women will have a good standing in the match, but I don't think we will see them win either. They are an established team and will certainly give it a great performance, and I really hope Liv gets a pin on someone to make up for spot in the Royal Rumble, but otherwise, not expecting much from them.

Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville, I reckon are going to have a long run in the match. There is something about them, and like my colleague said, there are rumours Sonya is in for a push of some kind and so therefore she could shine in this match. However, I don't see them winning the belts this time round. They are an established tag team, but they were on the verge of a split until the belts were announced, so I can't see them getting them.

Nia Jax and Tamina are in the similar vain for me as Noami and Carmella, in that they have only recently been put together. I think they will show up and cause damage, but I can't see them getting the belts. Now - I may be wrong and they would be my second pick to win the belts should WWE Creatives go in that direction, but I think Nia is best in singles action and with that I don't see them putting a belt on them. Which is a shame, as it's the closest Tamina would get to having a title run.

Bayley and Sasha Banks are the fan favourites for the belts, and it's not hard to see why. They have a friendship going back for to their NXT days, coupled with the fact that they have been tagging for some time and work well together, we know that this match wouldn't be happening without them. So yes, they are the fan favourites, and they've had a build up for the belts with Bayley doing all the leg work since the Rumble in their matches, coupled with Sasha only just being cleared for the match, but can they lift the belts? I don't know - and personally, I'd prefer they didn't.

Am I forgetting a team? Of course not! The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) are my picks to win the belts and run with them until WrestleMania when they drop them to Bayley and Sasha. They are an established team and they've not had a good run in the WWE since they debuted and beat up Charlotte. Since then they've done nothing and I think they deserve these belts over any others in the match. Plus they would have fun with them. I think they've been a joke since they debuted, which is a vast contrast to how they were in NXT. So these are my pick, my favourites and my dream first time, WWE Women's Tag Team Champions.

AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger