Friday 26 May 2023

THE SURPRISING NXT WOMEN'S CAHMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT RESOLUTION

 


I think that WWE love to do that! To go totally rogue to shock me!

Or maybe my nostalgia about Perez and Jade's old drama revival wasn't as exciting and twisting as putting two talented but with limited gold opportunities ladies, underdogs like Tiffany Straton and Lyra Valkyria in up and front for the vacated title!

Actually, to me the only underdog in the whole picture is Stratton. Yes, she is athletic, classic to boredom American beauty, but somehow her rivalries to this moment were more like a comedy show turn horror for some of her opponents. Her gimmick of Daddy's Rich Girls is like an evil version of Legally Blond meets Clueless - if the main characters were that mean, like the real-life rich girls. I can't deny her credential for her hard work and amazing performance every time she steps into the NXT ring.

Now I will talk about someone who really amazes me - Lyra Valkyria! An Icon on her own on the British and worldwide independent scene, she was hyped on max when she was signed in NXT UK. And there is a reason for that as well as why WWE called her in the original NXT, next to Alba Fyre, Isla Dawn, and Stevie Turner. More Talent! WWE NXT UK women's roster was one of the best in the world! Valkyria didn't have the chance to show her full potential, because she joined prior to the closure of the company, but she showed good skills in the ring and on the mic. 

I enjoy that surprise and don't want to predict who will win. I would love to see Lyra as champion, but somehow I think that they will push Stratton to the very top. For me, this is the case when you have two well deserving that position female competitors and there is no loser!

Meanwhile, I am also excited to learn who attacked my kid - Roxanne Perez. She was white and a bit huge. I even thought for a moment that it was a man. But then I saw the white ankle (not that it's a solid characteristic), but knowing how WWE is not very happy with intergender assaults and matches, with the exception when the woman vs. man includes someone who can take a hit or two by a guy like Rhea Ripley. So, I am inquisitive to learn who was that masked woman. Was it Cora Jade? It doesn't look like her as a size...Hmm!

Until that mystery is solved we can sit and enjoy who will take the gold this Sunday on WWE Network!


AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger