Sunday 16 September 2018

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018 EPISODE 2 ROUND 1 OVERVIEW: THE EPIC BATTLE OF THE (INDIE) LEGENDS

Another week, another great action in 15 min, limited Round 1!

I can honestly say thta I am totally happy with the editorial team, that pack these episodes. I have my own ideas for the order of the matches, but theirs are not bad, at all. Love it!

This week Main event match and the Opener, were total piece of cake work, really interesting. I think that Deonna deserved a higher spot in the 'episode card', but however. Let's enjoy it!

(I'm doing it right now!!!)

MATCH ORDER:

#1. DEONNA PURRAZZO vs. PRISCILLA KELLY
#2. ZEUXIS vs. AERIAL MONROE
#3. KACEY CATANZARO VS. REINA GONZALEZ
#4. ASHLEY RAYNE vs. MERCEDES MARTINEZ


DEONNA PURRAZZO DEFEATED PRISCILLA KELLY
ROUND #1, MATCH #5


I love this around 10 min. match up!

I have expected great quality and I receive it. For me the match was nice, kind of limited and pressed by time, but showed the great sides, (especially Purazzo's) of both competitors.

Priscilla Kelly was kind of more chaotic than ever, more in-all-places. I watched that young, promising talent and I saw her potential, like SHINE and WWE did - but this match, was all about her opponent. For me it was nice to see Kelly in WWE, for her - she had an ultimate chance to compete in WWE ring, in a iconic WWE event! Thank you Priscilla, hope to see you around NXT!

You know that when it comes to Deonna Purrazzo (or Ivelisse, or Trish) I am losing my professionalism, because I prayed (my way) for this girl, that stunning young woman to be signed (still praying for others). I just felt her talent for wrestling since the first time I saw her. And she didn't disappoint. In that kind of limited match, she gave 101% of herself! 

Now I have a new pray for Purrazzo! 'Please, let they book her well! She deserves a good booking!'

ZEUXIS DEFEATED AERIAL MONROE
ROUND #1, MATCH #6

Really interesting, dynamic match, symbolized the battle between two cultures and two different styles!

Aerial Monroe is really charismatic and talented! I was pleased to learn that she is one of the youngest indie contestants signed for the tournament. And she was not disappointed at all. With her husband (Cedric Alexander from WWE 205 Live) and daughter in the audience, Monroe gave her best...

What a Spanish Fly! That was a statement! Zeuxis was total heel using any possibility to win the match and finally she got a huge opening to do so. I really wasn't able to feel her full potential (again, the matches had a time limit) but she really nailed it at the end.

We'll see what she can do in the Round 2!

KACY CATANZARO DEFEATED REINA GONZALEZ
ROUND#1, MATCH #7

Upset victory!

I was really looking forward to this one! Kacy Catanzaro's anticipating debut!

There is something familiar in the look and style of Reina Gonzalez. Actually she just remind me, she is not totally like former Diva/Superstar Victoria. There is a small resemblance between them. Gonzalez is way taller and powerful as well. She really reached the limits and was like the last year, closer to her Second round appearance.  Despite her experience, she was destined to fall to American Ninja Warrior!

Catanzaro on the other hand is someone who I personally wanted to see competing. She was hyped, not like Ronda Rousey, but she got a lot of hyping. So I was happy to see that the girl is really good in the ring and her victory was well deserved. I want to see what will happen next and what is there in WWE for her.

Impressive!

MERCEDES MARTINEZ DEFEATED ASHLEY RAYNE
ROUND #1, MATCH #8

Great episode's Main event, sad news for Rayne's fans!

Two really great indie Legends and 1/2 KO icon, met in a devastating battle for success.

I am really sad that the brackets put Ashley Rayne against Mercedes Martinez, that earlier. That was predetermination. Rayne wasn't able to continue in the next round since the day the bracket were announced, but she gave a great example of what she is capable off. She really stunned the WWE Universe and I hope we will see her again in WWE ring.

Meanwhile, nothing more can be said about Martinez return and ultra talented appearance! She just did, what she does best - annihilated her opponent despite the offense she met and Rayne really put a good offense. So now Mercedes is ready for her victory path in the next round, as we are waiting to see who will be her next prey!

AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger