Thursday 16 April 2020

AEW DYNAMITE RESULTS, APR. 15, 2020: DR. BAKER IN A CHASE FOR BETTER RANKING

AEW DYNAMITE RESULTS,  APR. 15, 2020: DR. BAKER IN A CHASE FOR BETTER RANKING


I think that I am spoiled by WWE and there are moments where I just forget how to appreciate pure, technical wrestling and I just miss the overreaction drama that often fills WWE's matches.

I need to get used to AEW to become a better analyst of women's wrestling and I need that from the moment when I learn where to see resources about their women's matches (YouTube Channel, Thank you AEW! I still hope that you will allow us, to use photos of your stars and will start to use photos from the matches, or just allow us, even the small media to use pro-pics of your stars). 

AEW is a totally new experience and I have the broad feeling that the storyline is so deeply attached to the in-ring action that it's hard to see it.

DR. BRITT BAKER defeated "THE GOLDEN ONE" CASSANDRA GOLDEN, 
WITH SOME VIPs FROM THE AEW WOMEN'S DIVISION IN THE AUDIENCE


First, let me remind you that we saw Cassandra in the Kylie Rae's Impact debut. It looks like the girl is trending now and she had appeared in a losing effort in AEW Dark against Hikaru Shida. So now she was here to face another passionate talent and future Legend...

Dr. Britt Baker!

I don't know, maybe it is targeting a special emotional effect, but whole the talking about her is like she is recovering from something so disastrous when her match with Shida was a really good package (I am happy that Britt's nose is okay). 

The Doctor walked around the ring in her entrance so we were allowed to see that Hikaru Shida is there and also another Shida's victim - Anna Jay, who was cheering for Baker, loudly (future alliance?!? Why not?). I love that accent, as I love the idea of AEW employees playing the audience.

That was a squash match! Not the usual one. There were a lot of arrogance and confidence from Britt Baker. Superkick, making the opponent biting the rope, and jump on her back... It was BRUTAL!!!

Overall:

It looks like my way to get used to how AEW and its women's division will start with last week's match, marking this one as a build-up and will continue to next week. 

I think that Cassandra Gold's match in Impact Wrestling was her better 'job' for now. There they allowed her to trade some hits with Kylie. Here it was the standard 'feed the star' tactic. Baker was shown dominant and I can't wait to see her winning a real match, because she is one of the bright stars and she needs to work with some of her fellow AEW women. 

AEW is doing what they can, as everyone else so I am not that judgemental and critical. There is nothing wrong with simple squash when it's needed. It was needed after the last week's bleeding.

In general - just a squash with a big statement and most importantly the door is open for future rivalry development (with Shida) and eventual tag team alliance (with Anna Jay)!

Looking forward to seeing more, not only from Britt but from the rest of the locker room...

BONUS:

 

AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger