Sunday 5 April 2020

WRESTLEMANIA 36, APR.04,2020 RESULTS: PART 1


New champions crowned and we won't see an ere of domination, we will continue with the same thing - I am tired. This is how I can put it short!

ALEXA BLISS & NIKKI CROSS defeated WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KABUKI WARRIORS (ASUKA & KAIRI SANE), TO BECOME THE NEW CHAMPIONS


Actually, that was a really competitive and great match. I am not disappointed at all with the result. 

It was all back and forth battle in an empty arena and the women gave all they got. A lot of sneaky attacks from the Kabuku Warriors, a lot of fire from the challengers. We saw a lot of great spots, like a pin and submission broken with Diving elbow (by Kairi) and Twisted Bliss (by Alexa). There was that Kabuki's combo on Nikki Cross which also was impressive.

Asuka was all over the place and on the top of her game, ferociously annihilated her opponents. 

Nothing to be sorry about. The match ended with a second Twisted Bliss, on Kairi Sane and a title win.

Overall

What will happen next? Are Bliss and Cross suitable enough to rebuild the women's tag team division and to put the belts on the map? Maybe they are. What will happen with Asuka and Kairi? Eventually, a rematch and then going solo, who knows. 

The match was really, really, really good. It was an opening match and it was the fourth-longest match of the evening (15:05). All four women involved were on their best and I am praising them for their performance in these controversial, dark times when they are forced by the situation to perform this way. Actually, I was so into it, that I forgot that there is no audience. Congratulations Bliss & Cross!!!

Now I think that we need to see established women's tag team division because all of this will be nothing, without WWE fixing that up. If you have a problem with that task - call me, dearie! 

WWE RAW WOMEN'S  BECKY LYNCH defeated SHAYNA BASZLER


As some people said this match was more about strikes and submissions, than wrestling. As Daniel Van Boom from C Net put it clearly: It was like the Disarmer versus Kirifida Clutch. A little wrestling, more raw fight. 

Baszler totally dominated and even made a reply from this week's Raw, as she swung The Man head first into the announce table again and again. There was a moment where The Queen of Spades even tried to lock Disarmer on Lynch, but ... well, what champion and 'Man' you'll be if you don't know how to reverse your own finisher. There are many people out there who will love to use it on you to humiliate you, so it was a good display of tactic and knowledge from Becky.

The End!

Ah, the end! Many people will say that they are not happy that it wasn't a finisher. Well, I like it. People always expect finishers to end the match and I love it when they slap us in the face with a beautiful reversal into a pin. The Man turned Baszler's own Kirifida Clutch against her and it's brilliant.

Overall:

I am in favor of the Women's Tag Team Championship Match, not that I don't appreciate and like this one. But the tag team battle was more dynamic, had drama and twists. 

What about the result?

My support for Baszler wasn't exactly for Shayna it was more like 'I just want to see that belt over someone else's waste/shoulder!'. As much as I grow up to like Baszler's work in the ring, on her character, I think that it's sad to see her losing this match and I hope to see more of this rivalry.

Let's be honest - with all due respect and admirations but Becky Lynch is not the greatest wrestler in the roster, there are more talented and skilled women.  She is one of the greatest show-women, entertainers in WWE and that is as much important as the wrestling skills, even more, important as you can see. I can call her the female equivalent of John Cena and The Rock. That's why she is there where she is in the Stardome and WWE doesn't look ready to let go.

Thinking a lot this morning watching the matches, reading some reports, I think that it would be nice to see Baszler vs. Lynch continuing, BUT there is one woman, former-Raw Women's Champion, who won the belt at WrestleMania, that is now cleared to wrestle and Becky haven't faced her. I don't think that she might beat her (I have hopes about it), but I think that we might see this powerhouse challenging The Man, and why not on Monday?!

Final words on the topic: I really lose interest in the Raw Women's title and I really hope WWE to turn it back to me. Now my sight, as well as every women's wrestling fan's, is turned at Part 2 and the final two high steak matches and the consequences of them.

AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger