Thursday 6 October 2016

AWOW: WOMEN WRESTLERS' REALITY PT.4: LUCHA UNDERGROUND(ANALYSIS OF WOMEN'S ROSTERS BY PROMOTIONS)


Lucha! Lucha! Lucha!


You may think that after several highly critical articles about women's role in Lucha Underground I am going completely mad and I am in total delirium(?!?).

No, I am fine! I just needed to calm down and realize that the most of my anger about LU women's division and policy is because ... THEY HAVE IVELISSE!!! Why?

OK! Enough of that hysteria! I have a lot of time and several opportunities to change my mind (sort of). Well, I still think that women are put into non-equal conditions in LU. The biggest evidence for that is that they don't have their own Reina Title! Yeah, they are booked to fight for the men's belts, but what chance did Ivelisse have in one-on-one match against Mil Muertes? None! Yes, she was part of the Lucha Underground Trios Champions, but with two other MEN, not with two other WOMEN!!!

Aside that facts, we have a really tiny, but really high quality women's roster. Yes, without Sexy Star it's not the same! That woman was a legendary competitor!

Let's see who we have included, according to the latest news:

  • BLACK LOTUS (a.k.a. Savannah/Angela Fong/Miss Angela in WWE ECW/FCW)
  • IVELISSE (a.k.a. Sofia Cortez in FCW/NXT)
  • KOBRA MOON
  • MARIPOSA (a.k.a. Cheerleader Melissa)
  • TAYA

Plus CATRINA (a.k.a. Maxine in WWE /NXT/FCW) as a valet and constant interference!

99% of these women were involved with WWE and even TNA at some point of their career. Of course both of the biggest promotions in USA, didn't appreciate their talents, properly.

Here are our top 3 peaks, plus one bonus.

1. Mariposa
What? I didn't peak Ivelisse, first? 

Well, Ivelisse is my all-time favorite, but this is not about that. I choose Mariposa, because she is one of the very experienced and well known professional wrestler outside any big promotion. She is an independent scene legend and no matter what ring name she uses, she is one of the greatest women, who has ever stepped inside the squared circle!

I didn't have the opportunity to see a lot from her in Lucha Underground, but I will do my best, to watch her fight against Ivelisse. Mariposa or Cheerleader Melissa is really one of the women in Lucha Underground, who you must watch! 

2. Ivelisse
My heart is still bleeding for that WWE's loss!

Well Lucha Underground and SHINE Wrestling saw the pure talent, cleared the obstacles from the road and signed that unrefined diamond!

Ivelisse is capable of many great things. For, God sake, she fought with a broken leg, without noticing it. What other  proof of dedication do you need more to appreciate that woman, Big Guys? When you see her you know that her life and existence are deeply bound with the ring and the wrestling entertainment. Ivelisse is one of the best in the world!

3. Taya

Speaking about underrated and underestimated Superstars! 

I was in shock, when I learned that Taya was signed to WWE's FCW and they didn't find her any appropriate storyline or competition!!!

This Canadian wrestler, who found a lot of appreciation and success in Mexico, than Canada and USA is a real talent and difference maker. I'm so glad that LU decided to sign her. That tells a lot about their road agents and talents' finding team. A really fresh addition to their mysterious, hidden roster!

Bonus Peak(s): Catrina and Black Lotus
Sorry, Kobra Moon, but we don't know that much about you! Maybe if LU has a Roster section with some biographies in it, we should know more about all of their stars including you!

We choose Catrina and Black Lotus, two former WWE main roster stars. Their lives after WWE took them to the Temple and it helped them evolve into ultimate lucha wrestlers. I am so sad that I can't watch the Black Lotus! I heard a lot of good things about her intergender match, long time ago. As for Catrina...! Well, she left WWE, because she didn't wanted to wrestle at the time now she's a valet and major female-villain in Lucha Undergroud's roster. I really, really, really want to see her compete against Ivelisse and I hope that this will happened soon.

Lucha Underground is an amazing product, a little bit raw and savage, even dark that shows us the interesting and different Mexican wrestling tradition. Respect for that! I hope that they will soon add a women's title because their women talents, deserve it. 

Now Lucha Underground is entering its 3rd season, and its women's action started with a match between two of the best in their roster and worldwide competitors - Mariposa vs. Ivelisse! I just can't wait to find it and watch it... LU established itself as one of the most successful promotions in USA and we can only sit and wait what they will bring to the table next.

TO BE CONTINUED... 





AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger