Friday 5 April 2019

George's Predictions: WrestleMania 35


It's that time of year and everything to build up to this moment has been captured on TV, now all we have left is the main event itself, which for the first time ever, the women are headlining. Times have changed since #GiveDivasAChance back in 2015, and they are all for the better.

Below are my thoughts and predictions for WrestleMania 35 and all that it's going to bring us.

Alexa Bliss to host WrestleMania



It's no secret that I love the Goddess of WWE and while we don't know her status (is she cleared to wrestle or not), it's good to see her part of WrestleMania. 

But what will she do? My dream would be that she inserts herself in the main event and topples them all - can you imagine the heat she'd get - but I guess that won't happen and so we will see her perform in several segments throughout the mammoth eight hours that has been planned for this years event. 

WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal


This is open to anyone from Raw, SmackDown and NXT, and I'm hoping that includes NXT UK as well. We have our named entrants from Raw and SmackDown, but no-one has been announced from NXT as of yet.

Last year was a great show, and we had the whole "We are NXT" moment in the ring which sent goosebumps all over my body. This year, who will win? Not sure, it really is a case of pull a name out of the hat and see what happens. 

Naomi was the winner last year, and this year she could have a good chance of winning, but so could any of the other's in the match. I'd like to see Ruby Riott take the win. She's had a good year and I think it would set her up for the coming year in some way or another.

WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship - Fatal 4-Way Match


This match has had a nice build up to it and I'm invested and ready to watch the Women steal the show with this one. Look at the talent we have in the ring and each and everyone having a desire to bring their A* game to it. This is one to watch, and probably watch again. 

I liked how Beth Phoenix has been brought in, especially when paired with Natalya. I still remember when they turned heel on subsequent nights and how they decimated the Women in their path. If there were tag team belts then, they would have held them for a long time. Will they win them this time around? I don't think so. I can't see Beth coming back full time, even on a Legends deal where she's there for PPVs and the odd Raw or SmackDown show. We don't want another Brock Lesnar here, so for those reasons, I can't see them winning, but I know they bring their A game to the match. 

For me, Tamina and Nia Jax shouldn't be in the match. They had an opportunity for the belts in the last PPV and didn't score a victory. If anything, they played the heel card and destroyed Bayley and Sasha after they lost. It was a good set-up to introduce Beth back into the fold, but lets face it, they aren't champions here. However, they are the definite heels in a match that has it's heroes, legends and those in-between. One thing for certain is that they will bring the pain, but I don't think they will score the victory here. 

The IIconics, oh how I love thee! Okay, they can lose the high pitched voice, but they are for me, the ones to watch in this match. They haven't had the chances that they needed to shine, except on their debut. They killed it on their first night of SmackDown, but since then, there hasn't been much. They scored a great victory at Elimination Chamber, and they hold a pin fall over the current tag champs, but can they do it in this match? I am 50/50 with it, but I would like to see them win it and see what they can do to elevate the titles even higher than what they are now. 

With the champs, Bayley and Sasha are going to perform and they are going to shine. How can they not in this match and WrestleMania. As the champs, I think the advantage is with them in this match. I think we could see them pull out all the moves for which they are known for, and with that, this is why I think this will be a highlight match for the night. However, will they walk out the champions? I'm not sure, and my money is one of them being pinned by the IIconics; that would elevate the IIconics and also set-up some beef between Bayley and Sasha. 

George's Prediction - The IIconics are going to be taking home the gold. 

Raw Women’s Championship - Winner Takes All 


This has history maker written all over it. I am still shocked this is going to be the final match on the card, but there we have it. A women's match will close out WrestleMania. 

I'm going to jump in with my prediction, and say that Becky is going to have her hand raised at the end of this one, but that is the hopeful part of me, and certainly the way most fans will want it. Am I right?

The one thing I don't want to see at the end of this match is that the Raw and SmackDown's Championship are unified. This would undo a lot of what has gone on already, including Money in the Bank matches which were epic in their own right. So please, WWE, don't do that. However, it does make me wonder why Charlotte was given the belt in the first place? What do the WWE have up their sleeves after this match remains to be seen, but we won't know until WrestleMania or Raw the next night.

Ronda has made an impact in WWE since she arrived. I boo'd her debut at the Royal Rumble as it took away from the 30 women who had put it all on the line in that historic match. It wasn't until last year's WrestleMania that we got to see her in action, and it was impressive. She continued on, a fan of WWE, and someone who could fight. The downfall was her match with Alexa at SummerSlam. A squash match did nothing for Alexa, but that's all I've got to say about that. Since then, I've not been impressed with Ronda as she hasn't had any competition. Yes, she fought Nia, Sasha, Ruby, be we all knew she was going to win. WWE were waiting for this moment. Ronda does shine in the ring, she brings it in ways I hadn't expected, so I am sure she has rehearsed this match numerous times and she will deliver, but I don't think keeping the belt on her will happen.

Charlotte was entered into the Main Event after Vince McMahon got annoyed with Becky. This wasn't what we wanted to see as fans, but I guess they had nothing else for her to do. I know she is favoured backstage, but I am not a fan of her, and I have my reasons, but it would be a shame for her to get this moment. She does have a good record at WrestleMania, so the odds could be in her favour, but I don't think the WWE will want to have the end of the event going out with a Boooooo.

Becky has done a real u-turn, and there are shades of Steve Austin from the Attitude Era with her, which makes her really stand out. We know she can deliver, we know she's tough and I think she has been consistent in everything she's done. She was a heel that the fans love, and usually that's reserved for Legends, where no matter what they do, the fans love them. Becky is there right now, she's shown she can bring it on the mic and in the ring, something the other two can't do as much, certainly not in the same way.

Now is Becky's time, I can see her winning, but it will be a pin fall over Charlotte that will score it, because Ronda and Becky deserve their own match.

George's Prediction - Becky Lynch with a pin over Charlotte, to walk out the first Raw and SmackDown's Women's Champion

I'll see you on the other side :D 



AWOW Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered By Blogger